Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Carried Away part 6!

It’s a new month, new year and time for the last Carried Away pattern! This month we have the awesomeness that is the honeysuckle hobo by Blue Calla Patterns https://bluecallapatterns.com/.
If you love bigger bags with loads of pockets this bag is going to be your new favourite! I was in need of a new work bag so I dug into my precious out of print Tula stash for one of my favourite Moonshine prints.. Deer me in indigo which went fabulously with my charcoal grey cork and gunmetal hardware.
Honeysuckle is 15.5” wide x 8” high x 6.75” deep and has two external zippered pockets. One large zippered pocket is on the front with the other on the side of the gusset. These handy pockets deserved my sumptuous bringberry hardware metal zippers and pulls.. they not only look fabulous but glide open and closed as smooth as a hot knife through butter!
For a pop of colour I used one of Tula Pinks AllStars Pompom prints inside all of my pockets and throughout my interior.
I just love how my honeysuckle turned out.. so much so I claimed her as my new bag. I have her fully loaded up and have been thoroughly enjoying using her for the last few weeks now. I can even fit my tea flask in her standing up.
 
My cork as usual came from https://mmcorksupply.com/ , large gunmetal rings and snap hooks from https://emmalinebags.com/ and those sumptuous zippers from https://bringberry.com/
You can see and purchase the whole Carried Away subscription here 







1 comment:

  1. Fiona - I just looked at your blog and love that you post not only your beautiful bags but where you purchased your materials, hardware. I also like That for the honeysuckle you have a pic of yourself with the bag. It gives viewers a idea of how big the bag is. I was going to purchase this pattern for my sister who is only 4’10 and this bag would look too big on her small frame and height. So I am thinking perhaps reducing the size or looking for a smaller bag. Enjoyed looking at your blog. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete